Thursday, August 28, 2008

Scripture Reading?



So this past Sunday when I was handing out Bibles I asked the students, "Do you own a Bible?" Every student said YES. So why don't they carry them to Church on a Sunday for Sunday School or to use them in Church? I have no idea. But my next question was to challenge their thinking even further, "So when was the last time you picked up your Bible and read it on your own?" Some could answer this question some could not. The most interresting thing was that only one person had read their Bible that week, a few days before I ask the question. So my third and final question, "What did you read?" It was hard for the students to remember. At any rate, since we're doing a Gospel overview during the month of August I challenged the students to read the Jesus' sermon on the mountian. Do you know where it can be found? Have you been reading your bible lately? If so, tell someone what you're reading.

No comments: